Most modules require a 2.2 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience. Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B Required knowledge of solid state electronics and control theory is strongly recommended. Pre-requisition modules: Electrical&Electronic Circuits, Electrical Energy Systems
On completion of this module, learners should be able to:
1. Analyse three phase loads and apply methods to balance them
2. Analyse current source converters and voltage source converters applied to HVDC transmission
3. Explain and derive the equations governing operation of thyristor controlled reactor
4. Apply these methods to the integration of wind power and distributed resources
5. Design and formulate models of high voltage power electronic systems
6. Understand power electronic control approaches for electric machines
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.
Yes, if you complete this module it can be credited as part of the programmes:
Professional Diploma in Electronic Design (Sept start) or the Professional Diploma in Electronic Design (January start) or Professional Diploma Power System Analysis.