Most modules require a 2.2 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience. Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On successful completion of this module alearner will:
1. Know how to engage in statistical thinking and rigorous scientific inquiry
2. Understand the basic mathematics underlying modern statistical analysis
3. Have proficiency in conducting data analyses using Python, the dominant and fastest-growing programming language used in the engineering and data science industries
4. Be able to carry out a range of statistical analyses including ANOVA, single- and multi-variable regression, logistic regression, repeated-measures and nonparametric tests (including permutation tests), linear mixed-effect models, and basic Bayesian statistics.
5. Understand basic principles of model selection and the relationship between statistical and mechanistic modeling
6. Understand how to design valid, effective, and statistically powered experiments for problems ranging from basic scientific investigations of biological processes to process validation in manufacturing
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.