Most modules require a 2.2 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience. Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com
N.B. Required previous knowledge in electrical engineering
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
1. Understand and explain the physical concepts underlying the sources of the Earth's renewable energy resources, the enhanced greenhouse effect and the Earth's global mean energy balance.
2. Understand and explain the trends in Ireland's supply and demand for energy and the potential role renewable energy.
3. Compare and contrast the resource availability, techno-economic viability and environmental impact of selected renewable energy technologies.
4. Understand and explain the concepts underlying the statistical analysis of selected renewable energy resources.
5. Analyse selected renewable energy resources
6. Understand and explain the concepts underlying the operation and performance of selected renewable energy systems.
7. Understand and explain the underlying concepts associated with the impact of selected renewable energy generating systems on electricity supply networks.
8. Analyse the impact of selected renewable energy generating systems on electricity supply networks
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.
Yes, if you complete this module it can be credited as part of the Professional Diploma Power System Analysis.