Most degree courses require a 2.1 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience. Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility for this degree, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org N.B Applicants should have successfully completed an undergraduate medical degree or primary degree programme (minimum of a 2.1 honours or equivalent) in a biological or chemical science.
More information please check here: https://www.ucd.ie/medicine/studywithus/graduate/biomedicalsciences/mscinprecisionmedicine/
On successful completion of the programme learners will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current state-of-the-art in the area of genomically informed precision medicine and its applications and potential in diagnostics development, cancer and infectious disease.
2. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the role of genetics in cohort driven drug discovery to further advance the discovery of new and highly innovative biotech products.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the processes, procedures, policies and techniques used in clinical biochemistry and diagnostic laboratories
4. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of clinical & translational research methods.
5. Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the ethical and privacy issues associated with the use of genomic and phenotypic data in both clinical, research and industrial settings.
6. The role of key stakeholders in the life cycle of precision medicine including, researchers, clinicians, patient groups policy makers, CROs and Biopharma.
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.