Most modules require a 2.2 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org N.B
It is a requirement that applicants have good computing skills, basic programming, and a solid foundation in statistics and mathematics
Upon completion of the module learners will have
1. The technical concepts underpinning genome-based approaches to diagnosis of infectious disease;
2. To interpret genome based diagnostic data for viral infectious pathogens (such as HIV-1; influenza virus and SARS-CoV-2, among others);
3. How metagenomics can be applied to syndromic investigation in patients;
4. The genomic tools required to investigate and describe the epidemiology of an outbreak of infectious disease
5. The power of precision epidemiology in understanding outbreak dynamics
6. An understanding of precision food safety;
7. To recognise and understand the application of phylogenetic analysis to bacterial and viral genomic sequences;
8. To critique of relevant scientific literature
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.