Most modules require a 2.2 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience. Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org N.B It is a requirement that applicants have good computing skills, basic programming, and a solid foundation in statistics and mathematics
On completion of this module learners should:
1. Understand current industrial practice in the workplace and be aware of career opportunities and how to identify them.
2. Understand the career planning process and be able to plan their career more effectively.
3. Know how to search effectively for information for assignments, projects and career opportunities.
4. Be familiar with the skills required by employers, have evaluated the skills they have already developed that are important for career success and practiced and developed their skills e.g. communication skills, project management skills, team working.
5. Acquire and hone their skills in scientific writing (proposals, reports, publications) and making presentations (pitching an idea, presenting results, convincing in a discussion)
6. Understand and apply the basic principles of project planning (timelines, development of workflows, documenting results)
7. Be able to write a C.V. and cover letter and in particular know how to customise CVs to specific job applications
8. Work effectively as part of a team and develop interpersonal skills that are vital for the industrial jobs market 9. Understand the principles and practices that underpin good scientific writing
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges. Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future. Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes. Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career. Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.