Applicants will be expected to hold a Level 5 National / Higher Certificate in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with other qualifications and/or with relevant experience may also be considered through ATU Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Upon compeletion of this module learner will be able to:
1. Describe the concept of measurement and control systems, explain associated terminology, and perform calculations on actual systems
2. Design interfacing circuits to switch/drive a DC load, using a transistor
3. Design and complete calculations on signal conditioning circuits involving op−amps
4. Design timer circuits to provide timing pulses and delays, in mechatronics systems
5. Build, test and take measurements of signal conditioning circuits for sensors.
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.