Applicants will be expected to hold a Level 6 National / Higher Certificate in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with other qualifications and/or with relevant experience may also be considered through ATU Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Upon compeletion of this module learner will be able to:
1. Perform calculations effectively using both approximations and scientific notation
2. Transpose and solve algebraic, exponential and trigonometric equations using the logs and algebraic techniques
3. Interpret graphs drawn from functions and data sets and use techniques such as regression analysis to determine unknown quantities
4. Evaluate the area under a curve using Simpsons rule
5. Apply calculus techniques to find maximum and minimum value and % errors
6. Compute the mean, median, mode, standard deviation and variance of data
7. Calculate the probability of simple events and the probability associated with binomial, Poisson, and normal distributions
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.