Applicants will be expected to hold a Level 5 National / Higher Certificate in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with other qualifications and/or with relevant experience may also be considered through ATU Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Upon compeletion of this module learner will be able to:
1. Recall numbering systems (decimal, binary, hexadecimal) and to convert between them
2. Develop data transmission programs based on a set of characters
3. Develop programs to control actuators based on interfacing via analog and digital methods to prescribed sensors using a variety of methods such as analog to digital conversion and pulse width modulation.
4. describe how IP packets are transmitted on the internet and outline the main elements of a network and the meaning of the IP packet header attributes.
5. Interface application programs to a given API with the corresponding documentation to implement automation solutions (e.g Arduino API to control actuators based on sensor information)
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.