Applicants will be expected to hold a Level 6 National / Higher Certificate in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with other qualifications and/or with relevant experience may also be considered through ATU Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Upon compeletion of this module learner will be able to:
1. Describe why organisations use Six Sigma and the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and DMAIC improvement methodology.
2. Define and describe Lean concepts and tools
3. Define, select and use the seven quality tools for problems solving, prioritising problems and improving processes. eg. Cause & Effect, Scatter Plots and Pareto charts.
4. Define, select and use the seven (new) management and planning tools. eg. Affinity diagrams, matrix diagrams and tree diagrams
5. Generate FMEAs and distinguish between Design and Process FMEAs.
6. Calculate process performance metrics such as DPU, FTY, DPMO and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ).
7. Collect and summarise data using surveys, descriptive and inferential statistics and graphical methods.
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.