Applicants will be expected to hold a Level 6 National / Higher Certificate in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with other qualifications and/or with relevant experience may also be considered through ATU Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Upon compeletion of this module learner will be able to:
1. Acquire the necessary skills to produce visual models of real world events
2. Demonstrate a proficiency in the design and development of a HMI
3. Broaden a knowledge of the theory behind and techniques employed in program design
4. Use visual programming techniques (i.e. Labview) to interface with industrial hardware
5. Understand the function and application of networking protocols
6. Understand the deployment of SCADA software for the development of increasingly complex tasks.
7. Be able to implement remote telemetry over a Client/Server architecture.
8. Understand OPC Server and Client communication.
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.