Most modules require a 2.2 degree in a related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
Should you have any queries regarding your eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com
N.B Students should have followed ACM30010 Analytical Mechanics or equivalent.
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Perform standard linear-algebra calculations as they relate to the mathematical foundations of Quantum Mechanics;
2. Solve standard problems for systems with finite-dimensional Hilbert spaces, e.g. the two-level system
3. Solve standard one-dimensional models including the Harmonic oscillator;
4. Use of creation and annihilation operators, including the characterisation of coherent states;
5. Compute expectation values for appropriate observables for the Hydrogen atom;
6. Explain the quantum theory of angular momentum and compute expectation values for appropriate observables. These computations will involve both the matrix representation of intrinsic angular momentum, and the spherical-harmonic representation of orbital angular momentum;
7. Add independent angular momenta in the quantum-mechanical fashion;
8. Understand the foundations of quantum logic.
Learn from world renowned academic staff in Ireland’s leading, future focused and globally recognised colleges.
Gain an accredited NFQ qualification/micro credential that you may count towards a full award if you so wish in the future.
Previous modules may be used as recognition of prior learning towards Advance Centre degree programmes.
Equip yourself with the latest in demand skillset, tools, know-how and knowledge to succeed in your career.
Gain a competitive edge, influence growth and steer strategic goals in your organisation upon completion of your studies with the Advance Centre.